Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mountain Natural Living Festival

One of the things I love about my friend Mary is that she is always looking for a way to do good in her community. This year she made the enormous commitment to host a "Mountain Natural Living Festival" in Wrightwood. Local farmers hosted booths along side artisans, homeopathic healers, and booths with information on native plants and gardening. 

When she asked me to help with a little bit of advertising I was thrilled. I met some wonderful farmers who welcomed me into their home and onto their farm. I met a woman who sells organic (read: delicious/amazing) honey and cheese. And I met a lot of people willing to spend their time and energy to make this happen.

It was a huge undertaking; live music, yoga classes, kids' art projects. But it was also a huge success. 





1 comment:

  1. Wrightwood is a beautiful area. I've been camping there several times with the Boy Scouts and even hiked Mt. Baden Powell.

    ReplyDelete