Monday, January 10, 2011

Dance, Brittany! Dance!

I remember watching my high school's Dance Team try-outs; I must have been there watching my friend Camille because I can't think of any reason why I would have done this otherwise. 

They had a routine they learned right before they auditioned and a portion of what they were evaluated on was remembering the choreography. As they performed, another girl, Brittany, forgot the steps. You could see her look around and try to figure out what was going on. And we all know that feeling, right? It's awkward to watch, and the soundtrack in your head is saying, "Oh, thank god that's not me."

While Brittany was trying to figure it out, I heard her friend behind me scream, "Dance Brittany! Dance!" And she did. She just started dancing. And she made the team. 

It's a good lesson. Sometimes you forget the steps, maybe you never really knew them. And maybe rather than crumbling or crying or whatever you feel like doing, maybe you should just dance. I mean, really, why waste the music?

No comments:

Post a Comment