Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Laughing Cousin and the Utah Man

The summer after my mother died my father and I travelled through Utah photographing. We spent about five weeks together-probably more than since I left home. Cousin Venna, my mom's cousin, is called the laughing cousin at our house. Venna and her sister had to leave their own fathers funeral service because someone (my dad, I believe) told them a joke that made them laugh so hard they were snorting. Awesome. 




Uncle Walt was the pilot of The Utah Man in World War II, flying 236 hours of combat. The most noted bombing raid he participated in was the mission to bomb Hitler's oil refineries; his plane returned with 365 bullet holes. There is no way to do justice to his service record in a blog post, so I'm linking to Hill Air Force Base http://www.hill.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=5824


No comments:

Post a Comment