Saturday, January 15, 2011

Everett 'a la Silhouette'

Everett is almost two; he has the longest eyelashes and tumbling curls. 


I started this shoot this with the strobe lights, but the beautiful soft light coming in from the window was too much for me to resist and I ended up liking these photos (the very last ones we took) more than any of the others. 








































This image reminds me of the Victorian paper cuts in silhouette-an inexpensive and popular method for recording the portrait in the 18th century. It's popularity waned when the daguerreotype allowed for an exact photographic likeness.

Still, the silhouette has it's charms; I love how you can concentrate on the curve of his nose and chin, all that roundness in his face that will pass as he grows. 








No comments:

Post a Comment